Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm Baaaaaaack LALA

So as you all know, I spent the last 5 weeks in Tokyo, Japan. I had heaps of fun there and made such amazing friends, but because the work was almost nonexistent, it was hard for me to fully enjoy it. I arrived back in LA on Sunday and I am so much happier because of it. I'm staying at my good friends' house so it's so nice to be surrounded by them. Upon arriving at the airport, Lauren Browne (LB) and Louis Carreon (LC) picked me up which was the best pickup ever because I love them both dearly and the ride back to the house consisted of burning each other and laughing. I spent as much time with LB as I could because she is my hero and abandoned me to go to Cabo for a few days with a special friend. However she is coming back in town for a couple days where things will be amazing once again, and I will be staying at her place in New York when I go out there to start fashion week in the end of August. UHHHmazing. I don't know what I would do without this girl and her bbm voicenotes. She basically keeps me sane.

On my second night back we spent the night partying at Teddy's, while although it's not my favorite party of the week, I always have a blast. It was so nice to be with the crew again. I was reunited with Margaux earlier in the day for some catch up time which was amazeballs, and Michael Utsinger can't help but to make me laugh all of the time. There were two DJs that were working the night, however I only liked Kid Capri. He played the crappy hip hop music that everyone says our generation is using to destroy music, however, it enables me and the pack of animals LC brings to destroy the night. The last hour was so much fun and we danced until there was nothing left in us (however, there's always more energy for dancing for me). I had work the next day so I returned to my place of stay while the boys ventured an after party. God damn animals. I missed them. :p

My agency here in LA is LA Models. I have always been with their print board, but I haven't officially gone over to their runway board yet. When I got back from Tokyo, they immediately wanted me to come in and sit down with them. After showing them my walk, they told me that they really love me and will be getting me tons of work while I am in town. This made me really happy because the print board has not been very busy lately, so it will be nice to get some work done. They sent me to a casting for Nordstrom yesterday in which they were casting for the entire season. They told the agency they loved me and booked me for the account. What makes this even MORE fabulous is that LB booked the account too, so it will be never ending fun on this job. I don't know why but I am so happy here in LA. Things just can't get me down and always seem to go my way. I love this city. It's a shame I'll only be in town a few weeks until I have to ship off to New York and get my fashion week season underway.... Til Next time
XOXO
Allison in Wonderland

No comments:

Post a Comment